Our strategy is based around four key areas: profitability, customer service, developing our team, and safety and innovation.
Developing our team
- Our people are our greatest asset and we will continue to make substantial investments in developing our team.
- Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Following our customer service ethos of being Friendly, Helpful and Professional
- We are enhancing our digital marketing channels to meet the changing economic landscape and both the opportunities and challenges that it brings.
- Utilising assets to the best effect and managing the size of our rental fleet in line with changing market demand whilst adapting our processes to drive efficiencies and cost elimination reflecting the economic climate
- Having the financial strength to be able to capitalise on opportunities as they arise in the marketplace and using the infrastructure and resources of the group to maximise the profitability of those operations by either integrating them into the core business or operating them as complementary businesses.
Safety and Innovation
- Developing and launching innovative products and services. We have established a track record of success in innovation with products such as SmartZone, our machine familiarisation videos, and also our health and safety webinars, all of which were industry firsts.
“We remain fully committed to being the best within our industry and strongly believe that our business is in a good position to continue to thrive. Teamwork has always been at the centre of our success, and will continue to be so.”
– David Shipman, Chairman
From only three UK depots and 270 machines in 2002, we have expanded to 20 locations in the UK and 6 in the Middle East. We now have a fleet of more than 6,000 powered access machines and provide training for more than 30,000 people each year.
AFI in Figures
Since 2014 our total revenue has increased by 54.8% to £85m in 2019. Of this figure, our overseas activities contributed 14%.